Statement of Faith
“I am God, and there is no other. I am God, and there is none like me”
- In God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit
- The only way to become a child of God is to accept Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior
- The Bible is God’s perfect guidebook for living and tells of His everlasting love for us.
- Jesus is God, who clothed himself in humanity, and died for our sins. He rose from the death, ascended into heaven, and will return for His bride, the church
- The Holy Spirit is God living in us. He wants to fill us with His presence and help us live life in victory and abundance.
- Grace is the only way to step into relationship with God. We can never do enough good deeds to forge a relationship with God.
- Death is not the end: There is an eternity that awaits us
My family and I are members of a well known independent church in Portland Oregon, City Bible Church, that has been around for more than 50 years. I have a pentecostal background, but I have worked with ladies from various denominations through the years. I found that we all have one major thing in common: We want to fall deeply in love with Jesus and find freedom from our food struggles.